Iranian adviser dismisses possibility of US talks

Tasnim – A defense adviser to Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei categorically refuted any possibility of talks with the US government, which he condemned for assassinating an Iranian commander.

Addressing people in Iran’s central province of Isfahan on Monday, Brigadier General Hossein Dehqan brushed aside the idea that Tehran may agree to enter talks with Washington if the US apologizes to Iran and lifts the sanctions.

The Iranian nation will never ever hold talks with a terrorist and a cabaret owner, Dehqan said of US President Donald Trump, stressing that Iranians will by no means accept the humiliation of entering talks with the US administration, which has ordered the assassination of an Iranian commander who was on an official visit to Iraq.

The former defense minister said the US assassinated top Iranian commander Lt. General Qassem Soleimani and Iraqi commander Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis in order to undermine resistance, stressing that Washington was mistaken to imagine that elimination of those figures would derail the axis of resistance.

“All foreign policies of the US president had ended in failure, and he had faced humiliation within the US’ political and social community. They (Americans) sought to play hero, so they committed such a crime,” he added.

Denouncing the US as the very epitome of corruption, killing and massacre of innocent humans, Brigadier General Dehqan said the US forces must get out of the region. “The region will experience calm and security when Israel is wiped out and the US gets out of the region.”

In remarks earlier this month, Ayatollah Khamenei called for an end to the presence of American forces in the region, which he said only causes corruption.

The Leader said the US “received a slap in the face” after the IRGC launched missile attacks on American military bases in Iraq in retaliation for the assassination of Lt. General Qassem Soleimani.

Apart from the issue of revenge for the assassination of General Soleimani, what matters now in the confrontation with the US is that military action would not suffice, Ayatollah Khamenei underlined.

“What is important is that the corruptive presence of the US in this region must end.”

Source Article from https://theiranproject.com/blog/2020/01/28/iranian-adviser-dismisses-possibility-of-us-talks/

Related Posts
WHO holds secret talks with tech giants to stop spread of coronavirus “misinformation”

(Natural News) The World Health Organization has held talks with tech giants

The Battler talks about Common Law

The Battler talks about Common Law, explaining what it is, how it works, and how

Iran not to succumb to pressure despite being open to talks: AEOI chief

Press TV – Head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) Ali Akbar Salehi

Iran ready to ease Turkey-Syria talks: Zarif

MNA – In a tweet on Tuesday, Iranian FM Zarif re-announced his countries’ tendency for

Hits: 11

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Leave a Reply

*

Powered by WordPress | Designed by: Premium WordPress Themes | Thanks to Themes Gallery, Bromoney and Wordpress Themes