Iranian court hearing case of UK oil tanker

Tasnim – An Iranian deputy minister of road said the case of a British oil tanker captured for violating the international maritime regulations at the Strait of Hormuz has come before a court in the country’s southern port city of Bandar Abbas.

According to Mohammad Rastad, Britain’s ‘Stena Impero’ oil tanker had been captured by the Iranian military forces with a warrant from the Judiciary, and the documents and evidence of the tanker’s violations have been submitted to the court.

The judicial authority, namely the court of Bandar Abbas, is hearing the UK tanker’s case and will issue its ruling considering the oil tanker’s maritime violations, he added.

The deputy minister also dismissed any link between Stena Impero’s case and the British seizure of Iranian supertanker Adrian Darya off the coast of Gibraltar.

The Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Navy captured Stena Impero on July 19 at the request of the Ports and Maritime Organization of Iran’s office in the province of Hormozgan.

The UK vessel had switched off its GPS locator, in contravention of international regulations, and was sailing into the Strait of Hormuz in a wrong traffic pattern. The British tanker was entering the strait from the southern route which is an exit path, increasing the risk of an accident.

Moreover, Stena Impero had not heeded any of the warnings from the Iranian Ports and Maritime Organization. An informed source said the vessel was also polluting the Persian Gulf water heavily by dumping crude oil residue.

 

Source Article from https://theiranproject.com/blog/2019/08/20/iranian-court-hearing-case-of-uk-oil-tanker/

Related Posts
Iran ‘Will Respond’ to October attack on tanker ‘At Appropriate Time And Place’

Radio Farda – Iran’s Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi said on November 9 in Moscow

Iran accuses US, Israel, Saudi Arabia of targeting its oil tanker in Red Sea

Member of Iranian Parliament’s National Security Commission Abolfazl Hassan Beigi accused the US,

Iran blames alleged tanker attack on Israel, US and Saudis

A senior Iranian lawmaker on Wednesday blamed Israel, the United States and Saudi Arabia for

Iran denies tanker attacked in Red Sea keeps leaking

Press TV – Iran’s state-run operator of oil tankers has rejected media reports suggesting a

Hits: 13

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Leave a Reply

*

Powered by WordPress | Designed by: Premium WordPress Themes | Thanks to Themes Gallery, Bromoney and Wordpress Themes