Legendary opera star Placido Domingo accepts ‘full responsibility’ for harassment allegations, after MeToo pressure mounts

In a statement delivered through Europa Press outlet, Placido Domingo acknowledged “full responsibility” for the allegations of sexual misconduct that surfaced last year. “Although it was not my intention, no one should ever feel that way,” the opera singer pointed out.

Back in mid-August, AP published a story which mentioned nine women — all but one anonymous — who claimed Domingo was inappropriately touching and kissing them, and making other unwanted advances.

The singer went on the defensive at first, saying the report was “inaccurate,” and insisted the incidents in question were consensual. Now, after “taking some time during the last months,” the Spanish tenor said he has “grown up with this experience.”

Going beyond bringing formal apologies, Domingo pledged making opera “a safer place to work.” While he stopped short of mentioning specific incidents, he stated that “no one has to go through the same.” Without calling names, he hoped that “my example will push others to follow my steps.”

Although the explosive AP report cited no concrete proof underpinning the allegations, it was enough for the proponents of MeToo movement advocate slapping heavy reprisals on the decorated tenor.

Shortly after the piece went public, Domingo was disinvited from the opening night of the Philadelphia Orchestra in September, where he was slated to perform. The San Francisco Opera followed suit, canceling an upcoming appearance by Domingo.

The singer himself vowed to never perform at Metropolitan Opera one day before the opening of ‘Macbeth,’ where he was poised to appear in the title role. The European operas have been more reserved, with many refusing to cave in to the American condemnation campaign.




Also on rt.com
Placido Domingo leaves Macbeth production at New York’s Met as venue pressured to fire him before sexual harassment probe over



Think your friends would be interested? Share this story!

Source Article from https://www.rt.com/news/481628-domingo-apologies-sexual-harrassment/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=RSS

Related Posts
Michael Moore: ‘White Men Have BIG Responsibility to Make Amends for Trump Era’

Hollywood filmmaker Michael Moore is blaming white men for the rise of President Trump, dmanding Read more

Controlling COVID-19 possible through taking collective responsibility: Iran’s official

IRNA – Head of Iran’s Health Ministry’s Public Relations Office Kianoush Jahanpour said on Sunday Read more

UN Wants a 10% Global Tax to Pay for New “Shared Responsibility” Program to Address Coronavirus Pandemic — The Duran

The WHO lied about the seriousness of the global coronavirus pandemic. The WHO praised China Read more

UN Wants A 10% Global Tax To Pay For New “Shared Responsibility” Program To Address Coronavirus Pandemic

Like the American left the globalists never let a crisis pass without attempting a power-grab. Read more

Hits: 33

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Leave a Reply


The maximum upload file size: 100 MB.
You can upload: image, audio, video, document, spreadsheet, interactive, other.
Links to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and other services inserted in the comment text will be automatically embedded.

*

Powered by WordPress | Designed by: Premium WordPress Themes | Thanks to Themes Gallery, Bromoney and Wordpress Themes