Sydney shooting in Sans Souci

Man dead after Sydney street shooting (Video Thumbnail)
Click to play video

Return to video

Video feedback

Thank you.

Your feedback was successfully sent.


Replay video

A Lone Wolf motorcycle club  member died in hospital after being shot in the head today outside a block of units in Sans Souci, in Sydney’s south.

Do you know more? Message 0424 SMS SMH (+61 424 767 764), email us or message us on Twitter @smh with information or images.

St George Commander Detective Superintendent Peter O’Brien said police believe the victim and his friend got into an argument with a group of three men.

A man is led away to a police car after a shooting in Sans Souci.

A man is led away to a police car after a shooting in Sans Souci. Photo: Edwina Pickles

A short time later four or so shots were fired and the three men headed north in a black four-wheel drive.

Superintendent O’Brien said it was too early to know if the argument was bikie related. But police confirmed this afternoon that the victim was a member of the Lone Wolf club

“This is a quiet suburban street,” he said. “What has happened has happened. Our job now is to bring the offenders to justice.”

Distraught people gather at the scene of a shooting at Sans Souci in Sydney's South.

Distraught people gather at the scene of a shooting at Sans Souci in Sydney’s South. Photo: James Brickwood

Police and paramedics were called to Selmon Street about midday and found the victim, in his 30s, lying in the street with a gunshot wound to his head.

A witness, who did not want to be named said: ”I was just watching the cricket when I heard a car come around the corner – it was a Range Rover – I heard a whole lot of screaming and eight shots, and there was a fellow shot on the road.”

The victim was taken to St George Hospital, where he died.

A crime scene has been established and police urge witnesses to phone Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

This afternoon police escorted two men from the apartment block where the victim is believed to have lived.

Both covered their faces with their shirts as they were ushered into waiting police cars.

Sniffer dogs are scouring backyards as forensic crews bag evidence on the street.

Several residents called triple zero soon after the shooting and are expected to give witness statements.

“From my information, there are a few witnesses who saw and heard a number of things,” Supt O’Brien said.

“A vehicle did decamp from here in a northerly direction but, as I said, it hasn’t been located yet.”

The shooting comes after a 25-year-old man was stabbed outside a TAB in nearby Brighton Le Sands yesterday.

Two brothers were walking along Bay Street when a man approached them. He then allegedly stabbed one of the brothers in the leg before fleeing.

Police would not say if the stabbing and the shooting were linked.

In March 2009, a man and a woman were shot at as they sat in a car in Camille Street, about four blocks south of Selmon Street.

– with AAP

You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

Leave a Reply

Powered by WordPress | Designed by: Premium WordPress Themes | Thanks to Themes Gallery, Bromoney and Wordpress Themes