600,000 Syrians return home

600,000 Syrians return home

Westmonster
August 15, 2017

More than 600,000 Syrians who fled their home because of war have returned, according to the UNs International Organisation for Migration (IOM).

In a press release, the UN agency said 84% of the 602,759 Syrians fled their home but remained in the country. The others were refugees in countries that border Syria such as Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan or Iraq, and have now returned home.

The IOM states that 67% of returns were to Aleppo (405,420 people), 27,620 in Idlib, 45,300 in Hama, 21,346 in Ar-Raqqa, 21,346 in the suburbs of Damascus and 27,861 in other areas of the country.

97% of all those who have returned have moved back into their old home, the remaining 3% live in a mixture of foster homes and abandoned properties.

As migrants return, surely European aid money would be better spent facilitating their return and helping them rebuild? Rather than trying to accommodate them in a Europe that cant with the sheer numbers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Posted in Analysis & Review, Middle East, Prison Planet Articles.

Tagged with , , , , , , , , .

Source Article from http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/DarkPolitricks/~3/zCO1wUQw0X0/

Hits: 0

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Leave a Reply


The maximum upload file size: 28 MB.
You can upload: image, audio, video, document, spreadsheet, interactive, other.
Links to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and other services inserted in the comment text will be automatically embedded.

*

Powered by WordPress | Designed by: Premium WordPress Themes | Thanks to Themes Gallery, Bromoney and Wordpress Themes